02 July 2008

Hotel Dreaming..

So, I've finally booked my holiday Feather. Fiji is out, Vanuatu is in. I can't wait! But unfortunately I have to - until November. In the meantime I've been checking some truly amazing hotels around the world. I love hotels. The crisp linen, the room service breakfast and a whole different scene outside your bedroom window. I even get a kick out of staying at the simplest of Highway motels, I'm a sucker for that small town America vibe. Cheap coffee, diners etc. I think it's that sense adventure and romance. But, given the choice one of the following five hotels would be divine. I found it hard to narrow these down, especially once I started researching. By no means are they the most glamourous or expensive hotels in the world. I made my choices on comfort factor, fab design and location.

1. Bastide Saint Mathieu. Grasse, France



Lounge by the pool or wander the gardens among the olive and fruit trees. Breathe in the fragrant mixture of lavender, oleander and bouganvillia. Retire to your room and drape yourself in a Ralph Lauren robe or cuddle into a cashmere blanket. Enjoy a croissant with home made jam in the traditional stone breakfast room. Yes please.

2. Amangani. Jackson Hole, Wyoming
The mountain and valley views from the balconies alone are enough to get me excited about this hotel. Amangani, meaning "peaceful home", opened in 1998 and is less than 100km from Yellowstone National Park.
Apart from the awesome location amongst the cliffs and grazing land, the resort features a spa and health centre, a restaurant and a bar. There are 29 rooms, with details including a fire place, cowide chairs in faux wolf fabric and a soaking tub. The deluxe Suite boasts wraparound porches to make the most of the surrounds.


3. Condesa. Mexico City, Central Mexico

Condesa is described as simple and relaxed, yet at the same time it oozes contemporarey and cool. Special touches in the rooms such as high ceilings and maple headboards are designed to create an oasis for guests. On the roof top you'll find a sushi bar, spa and fitness room.
The bar with turquoise coloured walls looks perfect for people watching and sipping a mojito or two.

4. Hotel Bel-Air. Bevelerly Hills, Los Angeles

There was always going to be a Los Angeles hotel in here, being my favorite city in the world. The city has many well known hotels to
choose from, all steeped in movie, music and art world history. The Chateau Marmont, Hyatt on Sunset and of course The Bevely Hills Hotel. I decided to put one in here that's name doesn't get thrown around quite as often. Perhaps this only adds to the allure that draws in A-listers providing them with absolute privacy, while still only being a stone throw away from Rodeo Drive.

Hotel Bel-Air is surrounded by lush gardens, rich in bright green foliage, flowers in a rainbow of colours and a stone bridge over a quaint brook.

Luxury is not forgotten in the guest rooms with italian linen and private garden entrances.


Even if it's a just a stop in for brunch this hotel is next on my list of places to visit next time I return to lovely Los Angeles.


5. InterContinental Thalasso-Spa. Bora Bora













I think these pictures speak for themselves. Given that it's only reaching a top temperature of 13 degrees here today, this resort really does look like heaven to me.
With a backdrop of bluer than blue ocean, and majestic mountains, the details of the rooms are just the icing on the cake.
I'm not the sporty type, when it comes to beach holidays I'm happy on the sand or leisurely wading into the waves. It's really albout showcasing the new bikini right? But there is plenty to do here. Snorkelling, boating and the like.

Then there is the spa and health centre. "Thalasso-Spa center offers treatments using deep sea water to replenish the body’s minerals and restore equilibrium."

Yep sounds good.


x Zephyr

No comments: