18 August 2008

Short hair - it's back again


The short hair style is one that comes and goes. In every generation there are the few brave girls who lop off all their hair, becoming trendsetters to the rest. Twiggy, Mia Farrow, Winona, Rihanna etc etc.
Admirers follow suit, while the rest of us give credit where credit is due, but choose not to go the chop. I have in the past myself seen photos of say, Drew Barrymore and rushed to the hair salaon, clutching a torn out photo and had all my cut off. And while short hair appears to be making it's come back again in 2008, I will resist the temptation. It's worked occassionally for me in the past, but now that my hair is the longest it's ever been I wouldn't do it again in a hurry. While the pixie cut is liberating etc, I love the feminine feeling of my long (ish) hair.
I won't post photos of the times the cut hasn't worked because I think would be mean, but I do tip my hat to those who have braved the look.
Here are some photos, past and present of celebs who have rocked the short hair look.



Zeph



Yo Zeph
That's one dangerous post! You know what girls do when they're not feeling 100% and they come across awesome pictures like these. But like you say, it wouldn't be worth it to chop off longish, feminine feeling hair - it's always in style. Makes me want to do something though.....
xF

No comments: